Sunday, December 20, 2015

DIY Cardboard Fabric Box

DIY Cardboard Fabric Box


I am so much in love with those fabric covered boxes, we get at supermarkets. For so many days I was thinking to buy one, but I didn't.  As a result I thought of making one at home myself. I have not made any fancy box. I have made this simple fabric box out of less material and in short time(like half an hour). You can make it even better with your imagination. I am just sharing my DIY project.


These boxes can be used for lots of storage purpose. The one I made here is for bathroom storage, like shampoo, moisturizers bottles etc. And I made this out of shoes box.



You will need
Any size cardboard box
Your choice of patterned fabric
Matching plane fabric
Scissors
Glue (specially fabric glue, I had one which was multipurpose and worked perfectly)



Procedure


Cut the plane fabric, taking measurements of inner side of the box. As we are using plane fabric to inner lining of box. First cut fabric for inner walls of box and paste it using glue. Then cut for inner base and paste it. While pasting make the fabric even and plane with your palm. Now cut the patterned fabric by taking outer measurements. Same as inner, cut fabric for outer walls first and paste. Here keep extra width of fabric to fold little inside. Finally while cutting for outer base, keep extra edges from all sides. Now here you need to fold and paste every side in one inch. And paste this fabric on outer base. Your box is ready.


Pardon me as I did not take the step wise photographs while doing this projects. But this is so easy, that I am certain you will get the idea from the final box. And it is up to you, you can do it however you want.




Tip
For inside lining, you can use any old fabric available at home, like piece of old cushion covers, bed sheets etc.

If you don’t want to use fabric for inside lining, you can use any plain desired color paper or just white color paper as well. That works great.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dahi Pohe (दही पोहे) (Flattened rice with curd)

Thick Flattened Rice We have a saying, if someone offers you poha (any flattened rice dish), you never say no to it. At least eat a spo...